Monday, August 10, 2009

Books Bought

Cindy from Cindy's Love of Books hosts a weekly (or whenever you buy books) meme where you list books you've recently bought.

I'm a bit of a book buying addict. It is extremely difficult, almost painful, to walk into a bookstore and not leave with at least one book. Because of this I have the tendency to buy books at a faster rate than I can read through all of them. This has resulted in quite a large TBR pile (I think at last count it was at 62. Not too bad.)

This week I had a gift card so I didn't feel so guilty about splurging a bit. I brought home two books:

Photobucket Photobucket


I have heard nothing but positive reviews about The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Now I just have to decide which one to read first!

9 comments:

  1. I really like the cover of The Shadow of the Wind, so I would choose that one :) How shallow, I know!

    Thanks for adding me to your blog roll, you have been added as well! Looking forward to commenting on your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby just bought me The Shadow of the Wind (that specific cover because that's what I wanted) and I'm so excited to read it!

    As for TBR... about 1 1/2 years ago I joined paperbackswap.com and over time my TBR has gone from like 5 books to 300! Not to mention I'm still getting review books and library books, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikola - I can't tell you the number of times I've picked up a book just because I thought the cover was attractive haha It's nice to know I'm not the only one who does this :)

    Jenny - Whoa...300 books! And I thought mine was big! I'm on bookmooch (which I think is similar to pbs) and have acquired more books that way. Although I'm also giving away a few, so that helps even it out I think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these book look interesting.

    i like your blog! i become a follower. I love 2 get 2 know fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye - Hello there! I'm really new to this whole book blogging thing - I'm really excited about meeting people who love books just as much as I do :) I'm following you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are among the top books to clamour after at my bookstore. My co-worker LOVED dragon tattoo. I think the sequel is out very soon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I have heard of both these titles and I think I'll have to read one of Stieg Larsson's books someday. I have a huge TBR pile too! I also love buying books, and that often results in me hurting my wallet.

    This calls for one of those 12-Step programs, but I wouldn't even go to one if they existed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mandy - Oooh you work at a bookstore! That's awesome :) I'll definitely have to check out the sequel, thanks for the heads up!

    Linda Ellen - I love having a big TBR pile. It's nice to have a variety of books to choose from when I need to pick out my next read.

    Haha I wouldn't go to a 12 step book buying group either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Shadow of the Wind cover! May have to buy it for the cover alone. *L* Have heard good things about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo as well. Tough choice on which to read next. Enjoy them both!

    ReplyDelete