Monday, August 3, 2009

The start of something new

I was fooling around online and came across some really interesting book challenges. I didn't even know there were that many challenges! I had only ever heard of the 50 Book Challenge.

While I doubt I'll be able to read 50 books in a year
I decided it might be fun to try some of the other challenges. I saw so many people with blogs dedicated to reading - how awesome is that?! - I thought it might help keep me motivated to actually finish the challenges if I started to keep one, too.

I've been reading through a bunch of these book blogs recently and have fallen in love with what I've found -- tons of people who are just as passionate about books as I am! This is something I haven't really found except with a few friends and my co-workers when I worked at a bookstore while in graduate school. I don't know how well I'll do with my attempt to write reviews of what I read, as this is not something I've done before. However, it seems like loads of fun and a more interesting way to track what I'm reading.

To start, I've backdated a few entries with the lists I've kept over the past couple of years of the books I've read. This way I'll have a copy somewhere in case the written one every gets lost :)

No comments:

Post a Comment